- Business class is definitely the way to go if it takes 16 hours flying time to get to your destination
- We got upgraded to really spectacular lodgings in the middle of our trip -- thanks Odyssey Safaris!
- We arrived late in the Great Migration, but did get to see one of the river crossings.
- I inadvertantly got a few x-rated nature videos this time around.
- Gnu puns abound.
Your cast for this trip are:
- Stepmonster (your humble narratrix)
- The World's Greatest Husband (her devoted mate)
- Jane (Stepmonster's friend and fellow traveller)
- Angi (Stepmonster's friend and fellow traveller)
Who we travelled with:
Odyssey Safaris -- I contacted them about a year ago with an itinerary proposal, and they arranged everything.
Swiss Air -- Flights were booked through them - actual carriers were Air Canada, Swiss Air, and Lufthansa.
Safari Park Hotel -- Nairobi
Ashnil Hotels -- Buffalo Springs Reserve and the Maasai Mara.
Serena Hotels -- Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Sarova Hotels -- Lake Nakuru and the Maasai Mara.
And one picture to whet your appetite: